Doctor booked for conducting sex determination tes
Jamnagar: A lady doctor was detained and her clinic raided for allegedly conducting sex determination tests, a district health official said Wednesday.
Renuka Shah, who ran a clinic near the Jamnagar Civil Hospital, allegedly conducted a sex determination test to determine the gender of the child a woman was carrying, the official said.
When a team of district health officials raided her clinic, it was found that she had taken Rs 10,000 from the woman despite test reports confirming that the woman was carrying a dead child.
District health officials also found that Schedule F, mandatory to be filled before conducting the tests, was also not filled, adding that the sonography machine used for conducting the tests was also seized.
A case has been lodged against the lady doctor at the woman`s police station in the city.
Shah has been booked under the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?