Doctor booked for conducting sex determination tes
Jamnagar: A lady doctor was detained and her clinic raided for allegedly conducting sex determination tests, a district health official said Wednesday.
Renuka Shah, who ran a clinic near the Jamnagar Civil Hospital, allegedly conducted a sex determination test to determine the gender of the child a woman was carrying, the official said.
When a team of district health officials raided her clinic, it was found that she had taken Rs 10,000 from the woman despite test reports confirming that the woman was carrying a dead child.
District health officials also found that Schedule F, mandatory to be filled before conducting the tests, was also not filled, adding that the sonography machine used for conducting the tests was also seized.
A case has been lodged against the lady doctor at the woman`s police station in the city.
Shah has been booked under the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!