Doctor booked for conducting sex determination tes
Jamnagar: A lady doctor was detained and her clinic raided for allegedly conducting sex determination tests, a district health official said Wednesday.
Renuka Shah, who ran a clinic near the Jamnagar Civil Hospital, allegedly conducted a sex determination test to determine the gender of the child a woman was carrying, the official said.
When a team of district health officials raided her clinic, it was found that she had taken Rs 10,000 from the woman despite test reports confirming that the woman was carrying a dead child.
District health officials also found that Schedule F, mandatory to be filled before conducting the tests, was also not filled, adding that the sonography machine used for conducting the tests was also seized.
A case has been lodged against the lady doctor at the woman`s police station in the city.
Shah has been booked under the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act and further investigation is on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai