Doctor booked for conducting sex determination tes
Jamnagar: A lady doctor was detained and her clinic raided for allegedly conducting sex determination tests, a district health official said Wednesday.
Renuka Shah, who ran a clinic near the Jamnagar Civil Hospital, allegedly conducted a sex determination test to determine the gender of the child a woman was carrying, the official said.
When a team of district health officials raided her clinic, it was found that she had taken Rs 10,000 from the woman despite test reports confirming that the woman was carrying a dead child.
District health officials also found that Schedule F, mandatory to be filled before conducting the tests, was also not filled, adding that the sonography machine used for conducting the tests was also seized.
A case has been lodged against the lady doctor at the woman`s police station in the city.
Shah has been booked under the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS