Doctor booked for conducting sex determination tes
Jamnagar: A lady doctor was detained and her clinic raided for allegedly conducting sex determination tests, a district health official said Wednesday.
Renuka Shah, who ran a clinic near the Jamnagar Civil Hospital, allegedly conducted a sex determination test to determine the gender of the child a woman was carrying, the official said.
When a team of district health officials raided her clinic, it was found that she had taken Rs 10,000 from the woman despite test reports confirming that the woman was carrying a dead child.
District health officials also found that Schedule F, mandatory to be filled before conducting the tests, was also not filled, adding that the sonography machine used for conducting the tests was also seized.
A case has been lodged against the lady doctor at the woman`s police station in the city.
Shah has been booked under the Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days