Doctor shot dead by relative in UP
Badaun: An ophthalmologist was on Thursday shot dead, allegedly by her brother-in-law in Shyam Nagar locality in city area here, police said.
Vani Rastogi (38), posted at Dataganj Primary Health Centre, was shot by her brother-in-law this morning killing her on the spot, Superintendent of Police Manjil Saini said.
The police have launched a manhunt to nab the assailant.
The motive behind the murder could not be ascertained yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic