Doctors at BRD Hospital call off strike
Gorakhpur: Junior doctors at the BRD Medical College Hospital here have called off their two-day strike after assurance from authorities that their demands for
better security and facilities will be met.
Medical services were today restored at the hospital, grappling with the influx of Encephalitis patients from eastern UP, after the strike was called off last night.
The strike was called off after District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar and College principal RK Singh had talks with junior doctors and assured them that their demands will be met in a time-bound manner.
The residents or junior doctors went on strike on Tuesday when agitated relatives of a patient, who had died here during treatment, clashed with the medicos.
The striking doctors were demanding better security in the campus, including a ban on firearms and restricted entry through passes in the college, apart from better facilities at the hospital.
BRD Medical College is main hospital catering to encephalitis patients and saw a visit by Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on October 20. Encephalitis has claimed 537 lives in eastern Uttar Pradesh this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH