Doctors in Lucknow caught on MMS demanding bribe
Lucknow: Some doctors at the Balrampur Hospital have been caught on MMS demanding bribe for admitting patients in the emergency ward, an official said on Saturday.
Made by a group of Lucknow residents, the MMS along with a complaint has been sent to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Health Minister Ahmad Hasan and Principal Secretary (Health) Sanjay Agarwal.
A health official told that certain malpractices in the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Hospital and the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital were also caught on video and had been appended with the complaint.
Informed sources said that director of the Balrampur Hospital, T.P. Singh, had launched a probe after watching the MMS.
The group has also filmed some illegal activities in the orthopaedic department, burn unit and surgery department.
One of the medical officers appearing in the MMS was probed twice on corruption charges during the previous Bahujan Samaj Party regime but was let off, an official said.
The chief minister`s office could not confirm the receipt of the MMS or the complaint but said the government would take it seriously if the issue was brought to its notice.
- Rising Pune Supergiants' Mitchell Marsh ruled out of IPL with side strain
- China's manufacturing activity expands at slower pace
- 'Impose stock limit on importers to curb pulses prices'
- India, China armies vow to enhance cordial relations, maintain peace along LAC at border meet
- Save up to 20% in peak hotel rates by booking in advance