Doctors in Lucknow caught on MMS demanding bribe
Lucknow: Some doctors at the Balrampur Hospital have been caught on MMS demanding bribe for admitting patients in the emergency ward, an official said on Saturday.
Made by a group of Lucknow residents, the MMS along with a complaint has been sent to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Health Minister Ahmad Hasan and Principal Secretary (Health) Sanjay Agarwal.
A health official told that certain malpractices in the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Hospital and the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital were also caught on video and had been appended with the complaint.
Informed sources said that director of the Balrampur Hospital, T.P. Singh, had launched a probe after watching the MMS.
The group has also filmed some illegal activities in the orthopaedic department, burn unit and surgery department.
One of the medical officers appearing in the MMS was probed twice on corruption charges during the previous Bahujan Samaj Party regime but was let off, an official said.
The chief minister`s office could not confirm the receipt of the MMS or the complaint but said the government would take it seriously if the issue was brought to its notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!