Doctors` stir: HC orders immediate transfer of circle officer, cops
Lucknow: Taking a serious view of partial implementation of court orders, the Allahabad High Court on Friday directed immediate transfer of the Swarup Nagar circle officer (CO) and other police personnel deployed during the clash with junior doctors on February 28.
A division bench of Justice Imtiyaz Murtaza and Justice D K Upadhaya of the Lucknow bench directed the Uttar Pradesh government to transfer all of them to outside the district and fill the vacant posts at once.
The high court also directed SSP Kanpur A K Misra to complete the probe into the matter through the Special Investigation Team.
The court, while fixing March 31 as the next date of hearing, called for a status report of the investigations.
The division bench passed this order on a PIL which was filed on March 5 on the direction of the court.
The state government informed the court that as per the earlier orders the Swarup Nagar police station SHO had been transferred, and for the transfer of the CO, permission would have to be sought from the Election Commission as the Model Code of Conduct has come into force with the announcement of polls.
SSP Misra and DIG A Satish Ganesh were present in the court on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy