Doctors` stir: HC orders immediate transfer of circle officer, cops
Lucknow: Taking a serious view of partial implementation of court orders, the Allahabad High Court on Friday directed immediate transfer of the Swarup Nagar circle officer (CO) and other police personnel deployed during the clash with junior doctors on February 28.
A division bench of Justice Imtiyaz Murtaza and Justice D K Upadhaya of the Lucknow bench directed the Uttar Pradesh government to transfer all of them to outside the district and fill the vacant posts at once.
The high court also directed SSP Kanpur A K Misra to complete the probe into the matter through the Special Investigation Team.
The court, while fixing March 31 as the next date of hearing, called for a status report of the investigations.
The division bench passed this order on a PIL which was filed on March 5 on the direction of the court.
The state government informed the court that as per the earlier orders the Swarup Nagar police station SHO had been transferred, and for the transfer of the CO, permission would have to be sought from the Election Commission as the Model Code of Conduct has come into force with the announcement of polls.
SSP Misra and DIG A Satish Ganesh were present in the court on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing