Doctors` stir: HC orders immediate transfer of circle officer, cops
Lucknow: Taking a serious view of partial implementation of court orders, the Allahabad High Court on Friday directed immediate transfer of the Swarup Nagar circle officer (CO) and other police personnel deployed during the clash with junior doctors on February 28.
A division bench of Justice Imtiyaz Murtaza and Justice D K Upadhaya of the Lucknow bench directed the Uttar Pradesh government to transfer all of them to outside the district and fill the vacant posts at once.
The high court also directed SSP Kanpur A K Misra to complete the probe into the matter through the Special Investigation Team.
The court, while fixing March 31 as the next date of hearing, called for a status report of the investigations.
The division bench passed this order on a PIL which was filed on March 5 on the direction of the court.
The state government informed the court that as per the earlier orders the Swarup Nagar police station SHO had been transferred, and for the transfer of the CO, permission would have to be sought from the Election Commission as the Model Code of Conduct has come into force with the announcement of polls.
SSP Misra and DIG A Satish Ganesh were present in the court on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it