Doctors` stir: HC orders immediate transfer of circle officer, cops
Lucknow: Taking a serious view of partial implementation of court orders, the Allahabad High Court on Friday directed immediate transfer of the Swarup Nagar circle officer (CO) and other police personnel deployed during the clash with junior doctors on February 28.
A division bench of Justice Imtiyaz Murtaza and Justice D K Upadhaya of the Lucknow bench directed the Uttar Pradesh government to transfer all of them to outside the district and fill the vacant posts at once.
The high court also directed SSP Kanpur A K Misra to complete the probe into the matter through the Special Investigation Team.
The court, while fixing March 31 as the next date of hearing, called for a status report of the investigations.
The division bench passed this order on a PIL which was filed on March 5 on the direction of the court.
The state government informed the court that as per the earlier orders the Swarup Nagar police station SHO had been transferred, and for the transfer of the CO, permission would have to be sought from the Election Commission as the Model Code of Conduct has come into force with the announcement of polls.
SSP Misra and DIG A Satish Ganesh were present in the court on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on