Documents of case against Amar Singh handed to Kolkata police
Lucknow: Documents of the alleged financial
fraud case against SP leader Amar Singh and others amounting
to Rs 500 crore have been handed over to Kolkata police, a
senior police officer said here on Thursday.
"All documents related to the case against Singh filed
at a police station in Kanpur had been provided to
Superintendent of Police in Kolkata through a special
messenger on October 19," Additional Director General of
Police (Law and Order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
It was decided to transfer the case to Kolkata police
for further investigation as preliminary investigations by
Uttar Pradesh police revealed that the majority of companies
mentioned in the FIR against the SP leader and others were
registered in Kolkata.
On October 15, one Shiva Kant Tiwari lodged an FIR
with Babupurwa police station in Kanpur district against Amar
Singh and his wife accusing them of amalgamating companies
allegedly owned or run by them for converting black money into
white, a charge SP leader dismissed as "conjecture".
The name of actor Amitabh Bachchan also figured in the
14-page complaint as director of one of the companies, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- India, Iran, Afghan sign strategic Chabahar port pact; PM Modi commits $500 million
- Sexism row in BBL: Chris Gayle hits back heavily at criticisers, says it was just for ‘little fun’
- Economic engagement with Afghanistan, Iran our priority: PM Modi
- Watch! This is how ATM frauds cheat victims
- Allergic customer dies after being served nut-based curry; restaurant owner found guilty