Documents of case against Amar Singh handed to Kolkata police
Lucknow: Documents of the alleged financial
fraud case against SP leader Amar Singh and others amounting
to Rs 500 crore have been handed over to Kolkata police, a
senior police officer said here on Thursday.
"All documents related to the case against Singh filed
at a police station in Kanpur had been provided to
Superintendent of Police in Kolkata through a special
messenger on October 19," Additional Director General of
Police (Law and Order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
It was decided to transfer the case to Kolkata police
for further investigation as preliminary investigations by
Uttar Pradesh police revealed that the majority of companies
mentioned in the FIR against the SP leader and others were
registered in Kolkata.
On October 15, one Shiva Kant Tiwari lodged an FIR
with Babupurwa police station in Kanpur district against Amar
Singh and his wife accusing them of amalgamating companies
allegedly owned or run by them for converting black money into
white, a charge SP leader dismissed as "conjecture".
The name of actor Amitabh Bachchan also figured in the
14-page complaint as director of one of the companies, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard