Documents of case against Amar Singh handed to Kolkata police
Lucknow: Documents of the alleged financial
fraud case against SP leader Amar Singh and others amounting
to Rs 500 crore have been handed over to Kolkata police, a
senior police officer said here on Thursday.
"All documents related to the case against Singh filed
at a police station in Kanpur had been provided to
Superintendent of Police in Kolkata through a special
messenger on October 19," Additional Director General of
Police (Law and Order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
It was decided to transfer the case to Kolkata police
for further investigation as preliminary investigations by
Uttar Pradesh police revealed that the majority of companies
mentioned in the FIR against the SP leader and others were
registered in Kolkata.
On October 15, one Shiva Kant Tiwari lodged an FIR
with Babupurwa police station in Kanpur district against Amar
Singh and his wife accusing them of amalgamating companies
allegedly owned or run by them for converting black money into
white, a charge SP leader dismissed as "conjecture".
The name of actor Amitabh Bachchan also figured in the
14-page complaint as director of one of the companies, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred