Documents of case against Amar Singh handed to Kolkata police
Lucknow: Documents of the alleged financial
fraud case against SP leader Amar Singh and others amounting
to Rs 500 crore have been handed over to Kolkata police, a
senior police officer said here on Thursday.
"All documents related to the case against Singh filed
at a police station in Kanpur had been provided to
Superintendent of Police in Kolkata through a special
messenger on October 19," Additional Director General of
Police (Law and Order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
It was decided to transfer the case to Kolkata police
for further investigation as preliminary investigations by
Uttar Pradesh police revealed that the majority of companies
mentioned in the FIR against the SP leader and others were
registered in Kolkata.
On October 15, one Shiva Kant Tiwari lodged an FIR
with Babupurwa police station in Kanpur district against Amar
Singh and his wife accusing them of amalgamating companies
allegedly owned or run by them for converting black money into
white, a charge SP leader dismissed as "conjecture".
The name of actor Amitabh Bachchan also figured in the
14-page complaint as director of one of the companies, the
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary