Double rape in Ballia, one accused held
Ballia: Two rapes -- that of a nine-year-old and a married woman -- were reported from the district during past 24 hours, with the police managing to get custody of one of the accused.
A person Munna Prasad was caught by the locals and handed over to the police after he allegedly raped the minor girl in Bareva village last night.
In the other incident, a person Munni Lal allegedly assaulted sexually a 40-year-old woman in Bidhara village of the district yesterday, police said.
The woman was on her way to a bank when she was targeted by the accused, who is still at large, they said.
Ironically, Ballia is the hometown of the girl whose brutal gang-rape in Delhi on December 16 last year had led to a nation-wide public outcry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok