Double rape in Ballia, one accused held
Ballia: Two rapes -- that of a nine-year-old and a married woman -- were reported from the district during past 24 hours, with the police managing to get custody of one of the accused.
A person Munna Prasad was caught by the locals and handed over to the police after he allegedly raped the minor girl in Bareva village last night.
In the other incident, a person Munni Lal allegedly assaulted sexually a 40-year-old woman in Bidhara village of the district yesterday, police said.
The woman was on her way to a bank when she was targeted by the accused, who is still at large, they said.
Ironically, Ballia is the hometown of the girl whose brutal gang-rape in Delhi on December 16 last year had led to a nation-wide public outcry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times