Double rape in Ballia, one accused held
Ballia: Two rapes -- that of a nine-year-old and a married woman -- were reported from the district during past 24 hours, with the police managing to get custody of one of the accused.
A person Munna Prasad was caught by the locals and handed over to the police after he allegedly raped the minor girl in Bareva village last night.
In the other incident, a person Munni Lal allegedly assaulted sexually a 40-year-old woman in Bidhara village of the district yesterday, police said.
The woman was on her way to a bank when she was targeted by the accused, who is still at large, they said.
Ironically, Ballia is the hometown of the girl whose brutal gang-rape in Delhi on December 16 last year had led to a nation-wide public outcry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police