Dozen trains stranded for hours due to gap in track in Etawah
Etawah: Rail movement on the Delhi-Howrah route was Monday disrupted and nearly a dozen trains were stranded following a gap in the railway track in Bharthana area here, a senior officer said.
Train movement on Tundla-Kanpur section of the Delhi-Howrah route was stopped this morning following a gap in the railway line near Medhi village on the track between Bharthana and Ekdil railway station in Uttar Pradesh, station master P K Kamal said.
It took around four hours for engineers to repair the line, he said.
Nearly a dozen trains, including four Delhi-bound Rajdhanis and freight trains, were stopped at different railway stations and were delayed by around two and a half
hours, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days