DP Yadav terms Samajwadi Party a family party
Badaun: Controversial MLA DP Yadav, whose
entry into the Samajwadi Party had been stalled, on Tuesday termed
the SP as the party of one family where all important
positions are given to kith and kin.
"The Samajwadi Party which is enacting a drama of
following the ideals of socialist Ram Manohar Lohia is in fact
the party of one family where members of one family are taking
all major posts," Yadav said.
The MLA`s entry into the SP folds was stalled by state
unit president Akhilesh Yadav.
"Mohan Singh has been removed from the post of spokesman
and Ram Gopal Yadav has been given that post...it seems that
there is a dearth of capable people in the SP," he told
Terming as unfortunate the trend of promoting family in
politics, Yadav said that Congress had started it and now it
is dominating SP and people would give them a reply in these
To a question, Yadav said merging his Rashtriya
Parivartan Dal with the BSP after winning two seats in
assembly elections in 2007 was the biggest mistake following
which he lost contact with several of his associates.
Now these people are coming back with us besides other
parties having similar ideology, he said adding that his party
would contest 70 seats in the coming elections while leaving
the remaining seats for allies.
Yadav said that talks on alliance have already been held
with Mahan Dal, Indian Justice Party and Peace Party and some
other parties are also in touch.
He added that the Bareilly unit of Amar Singh`s Rashtriya
Lokmanch has already merged with his party and he along with
allies would together contest 250 seats.
Several former and sitting MLAs would contest as
Rashtriya Parivartan Dal candidates, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27