DP Yadav terms Samajwadi Party a family party
Badaun: Controversial MLA DP Yadav, whose
entry into the Samajwadi Party had been stalled, on Tuesday termed
the SP as the party of one family where all important
positions are given to kith and kin.
"The Samajwadi Party which is enacting a drama of
following the ideals of socialist Ram Manohar Lohia is in fact
the party of one family where members of one family are taking
all major posts," Yadav said.
The MLA`s entry into the SP folds was stalled by state
unit president Akhilesh Yadav.
"Mohan Singh has been removed from the post of spokesman
and Ram Gopal Yadav has been given that post...it seems that
there is a dearth of capable people in the SP," he told
Terming as unfortunate the trend of promoting family in
politics, Yadav said that Congress had started it and now it
is dominating SP and people would give them a reply in these
To a question, Yadav said merging his Rashtriya
Parivartan Dal with the BSP after winning two seats in
assembly elections in 2007 was the biggest mistake following
which he lost contact with several of his associates.
Now these people are coming back with us besides other
parties having similar ideology, he said adding that his party
would contest 70 seats in the coming elections while leaving
the remaining seats for allies.
Yadav said that talks on alliance have already been held
with Mahan Dal, Indian Justice Party and Peace Party and some
other parties are also in touch.
He added that the Bareilly unit of Amar Singh`s Rashtriya
Lokmanch has already merged with his party and he along with
allies would together contest 250 seats.
Several former and sitting MLAs would contest as
Rashtriya Parivartan Dal candidates, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise