DP Yadav terms Samajwadi Party a family party
Badaun: Controversial MLA DP Yadav, whose
entry into the Samajwadi Party had been stalled, on Tuesday termed
the SP as the party of one family where all important
positions are given to kith and kin.
"The Samajwadi Party which is enacting a drama of
following the ideals of socialist Ram Manohar Lohia is in fact
the party of one family where members of one family are taking
all major posts," Yadav said.
The MLA`s entry into the SP folds was stalled by state
unit president Akhilesh Yadav.
"Mohan Singh has been removed from the post of spokesman
and Ram Gopal Yadav has been given that post...it seems that
there is a dearth of capable people in the SP," he told
Terming as unfortunate the trend of promoting family in
politics, Yadav said that Congress had started it and now it
is dominating SP and people would give them a reply in these
To a question, Yadav said merging his Rashtriya
Parivartan Dal with the BSP after winning two seats in
assembly elections in 2007 was the biggest mistake following
which he lost contact with several of his associates.
Now these people are coming back with us besides other
parties having similar ideology, he said adding that his party
would contest 70 seats in the coming elections while leaving
the remaining seats for allies.
Yadav said that talks on alliance have already been held
with Mahan Dal, Indian Justice Party and Peace Party and some
other parties are also in touch.
He added that the Bareilly unit of Amar Singh`s Rashtriya
Lokmanch has already merged with his party and he along with
allies would together contest 250 seats.
Several former and sitting MLAs would contest as
Rashtriya Parivartan Dal candidates, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state