Driver of Rajesh Talwar showed me golf clubs: CBI witness
Ghaziabad: A CBI witness on Tuesday told the special court, hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, that Rajesh Talwar`s driver Umesh Sharma had shown him a golf kit at the probe agency`s office in 2010.
DDA employee Lakshman Singh was presented before CBI special court here by the probe agency after Umesh refused to identify the two golf sticks mentioned in CBI`s identification documents in a previous hearing on September 14.
The agency has claimed that golf clubs were used in the murders.
Singh said that he was sent to CBI office on August 2, 2010 by the Deputy Director (Personnel) where he met Umesh along with CBI officer I G Kaul.
"Umesh took out the golf sticks from the bag and showed it them to me," he said.
Meanwhile, Umesh`s testimony ended today. The court declared him hostile in its last hearing on September 14 when he did not support the CBI`s contention based on its evidence.
The next hearing of the case will be on September 19.
Teenager Aarushi was found murdered at the Talwars` residence in Noida on May 16, 2008. The body of the family`s domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed