Drug peddlers arrested in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Three drug peddlers who operated in various states were arrested with smack, a highly addictive morphine derivative, worth around Rs 1 crore in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district, police said on Thursday.
The three drug peddlers, including a woman, were nabbed late on Wednesday from the Kotwali area following a joint operation by Special Task Force (STF) sleuths and the district police.
Besides Uttar Pradesh, the three had their clients in Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Bihar, Uttarakhand and other states, police said.
"They were arrested from near a bus stand when they were going to supply the drugs to some of their clients," police inspector Raja Singh told reporters in Bareilly, some 250 km from here.
"All those arrested are natives of the Uttar Pradesh district. A team of STF officials is interrogating them," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway