DSP gunned down in UP, 8 cops suspended
Lucknow: Eight policemen have been suspended for allegedly fleeing from the spot where a DSP was attacked and killed by a mob in Pratapgarh after he reached the area to look into killing of a village head.
Eight policemen, including inspector of Kunda, have been suspended as they had fled from the scene when DSP Zia-ul-Haq was attacked, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said on Monday.
Meanwhile, the slain DSP`s wife Pravin Azad is demanding a CBI inquiry into the incident alleging that it was a premeditated murder.
Pravin threatened to commit suicide if the chief minister did not come to the spot to see the body. She also said that the body will not be cremated till CM Akhilesh Yadav sees it.
DSP Zia-ul-Haq was killed by a mob on Saturday. The slain officer`s wife had accused UP Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya for the attack.
Altogether, four cases have been lodged in connection with the DSP`s killing, including one based on complaint by his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000