DSP gunned down in UP, 8 cops suspended
Lucknow: Eight policemen have been suspended for allegedly fleeing from the spot where a DSP was attacked and killed by a mob in Pratapgarh after he reached the area to look into killing of a village head.
Eight policemen, including inspector of Kunda, have been suspended as they had fled from the scene when DSP Zia-ul-Haq was attacked, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said on Monday.
Meanwhile, the slain DSP`s wife Pravin Azad is demanding a CBI inquiry into the incident alleging that it was a premeditated murder.
Pravin threatened to commit suicide if the chief minister did not come to the spot to see the body. She also said that the body will not be cremated till CM Akhilesh Yadav sees it.
DSP Zia-ul-Haq was killed by a mob on Saturday. The slain officer`s wife had accused UP Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya for the attack.
Altogether, four cases have been lodged in connection with the DSP`s killing, including one based on complaint by his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Haryana RS elections: Experts question delay in raising objection to Election Commission
- WATCH: This is how Iceland celebrated victory over England with their fans. Goosebumps!
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official