DSP killing: CBI questions Raja Bhaiya`s cousin
Pratapgarh: Taking its probe to the doorsteps of former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh, CBI on Saturday questioned his cousin and member of state legislative council Akshay Pratap Singh in connection with the violence in Balipur village in which DSP Zia-ul-Haq was killed.
CBI sources said Singh was questioned in detail about his whereabouts on the day of incident in which village head Nanhe Yadav, his brother Suresh and Haq were allegedly murdered during violence arising over a land dispute on March 2.
They said the agency might also question his cousin and independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in connection with these murders as some suspects are known to be cronies of the influential leader.
The CBI has registered four cases pertaining to three murders in Balipur village on March 2 and booked Raja Bhaiya in one of them on the complaint of Haq`s wife. Raja Bhaiya had to resign from the Akhilesh Yadav government after his name cropped up in the case.
Recently, the agency has recovered a blood-stained wooden rod and ammunition belt with six live cartridges from various places here during its ongoing probe into the murder of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq and the two others.
The blood-stained ammunition belt was recovered from a box concealed in a house of Suresh Yadav, who was gunned down along with his brother and village pradhan Nanhe, official sources said.
The wooden rod, which too had blood stains on it, was recovered from another area in the village at the instance of local police officials who were being questioned by the CBI in the case, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened