DSP killing: CBI questions Raja Bhaiya`s cousin
Pratapgarh: Taking its probe to the doorsteps of former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh, CBI on Saturday questioned his cousin and member of state legislative council Akshay Pratap Singh in connection with the violence in Balipur village in which DSP Zia-ul-Haq was killed.
CBI sources said Singh was questioned in detail about his whereabouts on the day of incident in which village head Nanhe Yadav, his brother Suresh and Haq were allegedly murdered during violence arising over a land dispute on March 2.
They said the agency might also question his cousin and independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in connection with these murders as some suspects are known to be cronies of the influential leader.
The CBI has registered four cases pertaining to three murders in Balipur village on March 2 and booked Raja Bhaiya in one of them on the complaint of Haq`s wife. Raja Bhaiya had to resign from the Akhilesh Yadav government after his name cropped up in the case.
Recently, the agency has recovered a blood-stained wooden rod and ammunition belt with six live cartridges from various places here during its ongoing probe into the murder of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq and the two others.
The blood-stained ammunition belt was recovered from a box concealed in a house of Suresh Yadav, who was gunned down along with his brother and village pradhan Nanhe, official sources said.
The wooden rod, which too had blood stains on it, was recovered from another area in the village at the instance of local police officials who were being questioned by the CBI in the case, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'