DSP killing: CBI to question Raja Bhaiya on Wednesday
New Delhi: Former Uttar Pradesh Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh, alias Raja Bhaiya, will be questioned by CBI on Wednesday in connection in the murder of a village head and subsequently a police official.
CBI sources said 44-year old Raja Bhaiya, who is prime accused in the FIR registered by Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq`s wife Parveen Azar, has been summoned by the agency for questioning in connection with the larger conspiracy related to the murder of Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav.
Last month, CBI had arrested one Bhulle Pal, a security guard with the then State Minister Raja Bhaiya, who allegedly led a mob, enraged by the killing of Yadav, to kill the police officer.
Raja Bhaiya has denied any association with Pal. CBI has also taken into custody Rajeev Singh and Guddu Singh who are considered close to the minister.
In the FIR filed on the basis of a complaint by Parveen Azad, it has been alleged that "on the directions of Raja Bhaiya, Nagar Panchayat Chairman Gulshan Yadav, minister`s representative Hari Om Srivastava, his driver Rohit Singh and supporter Guddu Singh first assaulted my husband with sticks and rods and later shot him dead."
The allegations have been denied by Raja Bhaiya. CBI has so far arrested 11 persons in connection with the murders of Haq, Nanhe and his brother Suresh who were found dead on March 2 evening at Balipur village.
CBI sources claimed Haq, who was posted as Deputy Superintendent of Police at Kunda, had reached the house of Nanhe Yadav after getting the news of his murder on March 2.
By the time he approached the site, the news of Yadav`s murder had spread and a large crowd gathered outside his house which was protested the police`s alleged failure to stop the murder.
The sources said agency has recovered the weapon, allegedly used in the killing Haq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof