DSP killing: Oppn demands debate in UP Assembly
Lucknow: Opposition parties on Monday tried to corner ruling Samajwadi Party in the Assembly on the issue of law and order in the wake of killing of a DSP by a mob in Pratapgarh, leading to adjournment of Question Hour.
As soon as the House met at 11 am, Congress leader Pradeep Mathur, BJP`s Hukum Singh and BSP`s Swami Prasad Maurya stood on their seats and started demanding discussion on Pratapgarh incident in which Deputy SP Zia-ul-Haq was killed.
When repeated attempts by Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey failed to put the House in order, he adjourned the House for half an hour, which was extended to entire Question Hour.
Later, talking to reporters, CLP leader Mathur alleged that state government had failed to improve law and order and rising incidents of violence and murder had proved it.
BSP leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui demanded resignation of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on moral grounds.
"Our party (BSP) also demands a CBI probe into the incident so that those involved in the incident could be brought to book," he said.
BJP leader Hukum Singh also blamed the SP government for spurt in criminal activities in the state and demanded stern action against those involved in Pratapgarh incident.
Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil Supplies Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh, alias Raja Bhaiyya, today resigned over the DSP`s murder with the slain cop`s wife alleging that the controversial leader had a hand in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof