DSP murder: 7 accused remanded in 5-day police custody
Lucknow: Seven persons arrested in connection with the murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq were Thursday remanded in five day police custody by a special CBI court here.
The order was passed by Special Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Mirza Jeenat on an application moved by the agency.
The police remand would start from 10 AM tomorrow.
The CBI yesterday arrested the seven accused in Pratapgarh district.
CBI sources had said the seven persons allegedly incited the mob to kill the DSP, who had arrived on the scene after getting information about the murder of village head Nanhe Yadav.
They said one of the persons, who allegedly led the mob to kill the officer, was Bhulle Pal.
Those arrested include Chhote Lal Yadav, Ghanshyam Saroj, Ramlakhan Gautam, Ramashray, Shivram Pasi, Munna Patel, besides Bhulle Pal, they said.
Yadav, Saroj, Gautam and Ramashray were associates of village head Nanhe Yadav, who was murdered hours before the killing of the DSP, while Chhote Lal Yadav and Munna Patel were his neighbours.
CBI sources claimed Haq, who was posted as Deputy Superintendent of Police at Kunda, had reached Nanhe Yadav `s house after getting the news of his murder on March 2.
By the time he approached the site, the news of Yadav`s murder had spread and a large crowd gathered outside his house which was angry at the alleged apathy of the police and protested the police`s alleged failure to stop the murder.
The sources said the agency has recovered the weapon allegedly used to kill Haq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today
- PM Narendra Modi to hold NITI Aayog meeting for 15-year vision today
- Rio Games 2016: Hopes rest on Usain Bolt to lead athletics out of doping darkness
- Mayawati-Dayashankar Singh row: BJP women leaders to protest in Lucknow against BSP today