DSP murder: 7 accused remanded in 5-day police custody
Lucknow: Seven persons arrested in connection with the murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq were Thursday remanded in five day police custody by a special CBI court here.
The order was passed by Special Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Mirza Jeenat on an application moved by the agency.
The police remand would start from 10 AM tomorrow.
The CBI yesterday arrested the seven accused in Pratapgarh district.
CBI sources had said the seven persons allegedly incited the mob to kill the DSP, who had arrived on the scene after getting information about the murder of village head Nanhe Yadav.
They said one of the persons, who allegedly led the mob to kill the officer, was Bhulle Pal.
Those arrested include Chhote Lal Yadav, Ghanshyam Saroj, Ramlakhan Gautam, Ramashray, Shivram Pasi, Munna Patel, besides Bhulle Pal, they said.
Yadav, Saroj, Gautam and Ramashray were associates of village head Nanhe Yadav, who was murdered hours before the killing of the DSP, while Chhote Lal Yadav and Munna Patel were his neighbours.
CBI sources claimed Haq, who was posted as Deputy Superintendent of Police at Kunda, had reached Nanhe Yadav `s house after getting the news of his murder on March 2.
By the time he approached the site, the news of Yadav`s murder had spread and a large crowd gathered outside his house which was angry at the alleged apathy of the police and protested the police`s alleged failure to stop the murder.
The sources said the agency has recovered the weapon allegedly used to kill Haq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security