DSP murder case: CBI team visits Pratapgarh in UP
Pratapgarh: A ten-member CBI team, headed by a DIG-level officer, Friday visited a village in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district in connection with the probe into the killings of a police officer and two others there last week.
CBI sources said the team, led by DIG Anurag Garg, met an IG-level officer of the state police and also visited the local police station in Balipur village in Kunda in the district to understand correct sequence of events on the night of violence on Saturday in which DSP Zia-ul-Haq, village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh were killed.
They said CBI has demanded details of wireless conversations and evidence collected by the local police and is likely to question police officers which accompanied Haq to the village.
The team, accompanied with forensic analysts, would examine the crime site and meet the family of the slain village head, they said.
The agency is considering seeking the custody of two accused in the case Guddu Singh and Rajeev Singh, said to be close aides of independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya who has also been booked.
The team may seek a fresh post-mortem in the case, the sources said but added that it would be decided later.
CBI had yesterday registered four FIRs relating to the killings and the violence. Raja Bhaiya, along with his four associates, have been booked under IPC sections relating to murder and criminal conspiracy in the killing of Haq on the basis of allegations leveled by the slain officer`s wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India