DSP murder: CBI recovers blood-stained wooden rod
New Delhi: The CBI today claimed to have recovered a blood-stained wooden rod and ammunition belt with six live cartridges from various places in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district during its ongoing probe into the murder of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq and two others.
The blood-stained ammunition belt was recovered from a box concealed in a house of Suresh Yadav, one of the deceased, who was gunned down along with his brother and village pradhan Nanhe Yadav, official sources said.
The wooden rod, which too had blood stains on it, has been recovered from another area in the village at the instance of local police officials who were being questioned by the CBI in the case, the sources said.
CBI Director Ranjit Singh has asked Uttar Pradesh authorities for increasing security in the village as people were fearing for their lives and not cooperating in the probe.
Four cases were registered by the CBI to probe the killing of DSP Haq and Yadav brothers.
Former Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias `Raja Bhaiya` is one of the suspects in the case. He had to resign from the Akhilesh Yadav`s government after his name cropped up in the case.
The CBI has sent the wooden rod and ammunition belt for forensic examination, the sources said.
A CBI team has already questioned Station Officer of Manikpur, Inspector Pankaj Singh, where the murdered DSP had launched a drive against illegal sand mining and seized number of trucks and tractors.
The agency sleuths had also met the Chief Medical Officer of Pratapgarh and questioned a team of doctors who carried out post mortem at the district hospital and the doctor of Community Health Centre at Kunda which had declared Nanhe Yadav dead, they said.
The CBI has registered four cases pertaining to three murders in Balipur village on March 2 and has booked Raguraj Pratap Singh in one of the cases for murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!