DSP murder: CBI recovers blood-stained wooden rod
New Delhi: The CBI today claimed to have recovered a blood-stained wooden rod and ammunition belt with six live cartridges from various places in Uttar Pradesh`s Pratapgarh district during its ongoing probe into the murder of Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq and two others.
The blood-stained ammunition belt was recovered from a box concealed in a house of Suresh Yadav, one of the deceased, who was gunned down along with his brother and village pradhan Nanhe Yadav, official sources said.
The wooden rod, which too had blood stains on it, has been recovered from another area in the village at the instance of local police officials who were being questioned by the CBI in the case, the sources said.
CBI Director Ranjit Singh has asked Uttar Pradesh authorities for increasing security in the village as people were fearing for their lives and not cooperating in the probe.
Four cases were registered by the CBI to probe the killing of DSP Haq and Yadav brothers.
Former Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias `Raja Bhaiya` is one of the suspects in the case. He had to resign from the Akhilesh Yadav`s government after his name cropped up in the case.
The CBI has sent the wooden rod and ammunition belt for forensic examination, the sources said.
A CBI team has already questioned Station Officer of Manikpur, Inspector Pankaj Singh, where the murdered DSP had launched a drive against illegal sand mining and seized number of trucks and tractors.
The agency sleuths had also met the Chief Medical Officer of Pratapgarh and questioned a team of doctors who carried out post mortem at the district hospital and the doctor of Community Health Centre at Kunda which had declared Nanhe Yadav dead, they said.
The CBI has registered four cases pertaining to three murders in Balipur village on March 2 and has booked Raguraj Pratap Singh in one of the cases for murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?