DSP murder: Raja Bhaiya not named in 2nd CBI chargesheet
Lucknow: CBI on Friday filed charge sheet against 13 people in connection with the murder of Kunda DSP Zia-Ul Haq before a special court here but did not name former minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya as accused.
44-year-old Raja Bhaiya was named as accused in the FIR filed by Haq`s wife along with four others.
CBI sources said that probe into the alleged role of Raja Bhaiya is still open and the agency might file a supplementary charge sheet if his role surfaces at a later stage.
CBI has accused son of village head Nanhe Yadav, who was killed hours before Haq, Yogender Yadav alias Bablu besides Nanhe`s brothers Phulchand Yadav and Pawan Yadav for the murder.
Eight of the Nanhe`s associates Raghuvender Yadav, Manjeet Yadav, Ghanshayam Yadav, Ram Lakhan Gautam, Chhote Lal Yadav, Ram Ashre, Munna Lal Patel, Shiv Ram Passi and Jagat Bahadur Pal alias Bulle Pal have also been booked for murder, destruction of evidence and offences under the Arms Act.
One person Sudhir Yadav has been charged with destruction of evidence.
CBI spokesperson said the investigation revealed that the then CO, Kunda had gone to the house of Nanhe Yadav, then pradhan of Balipur in Pratapgarh district in order to deal with law and order situation arising out of his murder.
"The family members and supporters of Nanhe Yadav led by his brother Suresh Yadav (since dead) allegedly assaulted the then CO and the other three police officials accompanying him. The then CO was caught and brutally assaulted by the accused persons but the three other police officials managed to escape," the spokesperson said in a statement.
It said during the scuffle, Suresh Yadav sustained gunshot injuries from his own DBBL gun with which he was hitting the then CO, Kunda while the accused persons named in charge sheet assaulted and allegedly killed Haq.
CBI also filed a closure report in the alleged murder of Nanhe Yadav`s brother Suresh Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert