DSP suspended for negligence of duty
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Friday suspended a Deputy Superintendent of Police with immediate effect on charge of negligence of duty and ordered a departmental inquiry against him.
DSP, Saharanpur, Umesh Kumar Yadav was suspended as his behaviour during an operation on June 05 was against the established norms of the police force and a constable had died during the operation, Principal Secretary, Home, RK Srivastava said.
On June 05, during an operation to arrest culprits responsible for petrol pump robbery in Chilkana area of Saharanpur on Haryana border, Yadav displayed "gross negligence and laxity" in the discharge of his duty even when the lives of his subordinates were at risk, Srivastava said.
Constable Rahul Dhaka had died from gun shots fired by the accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell