DSP, team assaulted by liquor smugglers
Ghaziabad: A Deputy Superintendent of Police was assaulted by armed liquor smugglers when he along with his team went to raid an illicit liquor shop in Pilkhuwa area here, police said Wednesday.
DSP Amit Nagar sustained injuries on his head and hands in the attack last night. An excise inspector and three cops, accompanying him were also attacked by the accused.
On information that illicit liquor was being sold at a grocery shop owned by one Rajender Singh in Atroli village, Nagar long with excise inspector Ajay Yadav, three cops, including an excise constable, went to raid the shop last night.
"When the DSP along with his team raided the shop, liquor smugglers suddenly attacked his team. The accused hit Nagar on his head with wooden rod and bricks. They also attacked Nagar`s team with wooden rods and bricks. The accused also opened fire while fleeing from the spot," said a senior police officer.
Besides Nagar, excise inspector Yadav and constable Vipin Sharma were injured in the attack.
Soon after the incident, Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar Raghav rushed to the spot and rushed Nagar and his team members to a nearby hospital where they are recuperating.
A heavy police force from four police stations of the district has been deployed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you