DSP Zia-ul-Haq muder case: Court rejects CBI`s closure report, asks it to reinvestigate
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: In what could be bad news for Kunda MLA Raja Bhaiya, a special court on Tuesday asked the CBI to reopen the murder case of DSP Zia-ul Haq, rejecting its closure report, as per reports.
In August last year, the CBI had filed closure report in the murder case, giving clean chit to Raja Bhaiyya and his four aides.
The SP`s wife had asked for the case to be reopened again.
The Independent MLA from Kunda had then said that he was being framed in the conspiracy. He had been questioned extensively by the investigating agency in the case and a polygraph test had also been done on him.
He had also said that the mob had killed the police officer, who was the Kunda Circle Officer then.
The police officer was killed on March 03 last year when he had gone to the house of Nanhe Yadav, then pradhan of Balipur in Pratapgarh district, to deal with a law and order situation.
The situation subsequently got out of control, leading to his death. As per the CBI, the family members and supporters of Nanhe Yadav led by his brother Suresh Yadav, who has since died, had supposedly assaulted the police officer.
An Inspector, two Sub-Inspectors and a constable had allegedly abandoned the police officer when he was attacked by the villagers.
Later, an FIR in the case was filed by Haq`s wife Parveen Azad. She accused Raja Bhaiya of hatching the conspiracy to murder her husband.
Raja Bhaiya, who was Food and Civil Supplies Minister in the Akhilesh Yadav`s government had to resign from the Cabinet on March 4 after his name cropped up in the case.
The CBI had filed a chargesheet on June 07 in connection with the case. 13 persons were named as accused in the DSP`s murder.
As per reports, the investigating agency had not found enough evidence to prosecute Raja Bhaiya.
Later he was re-inducted in Samajwadi Party government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy