`DSP`s killing not to be seen as religious issue`
Aligarh: Chairman of the National Commission for Minorities Wajahat Habibullah on Sunday said that issue of the slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq should not be seen from the point of view of any particular religion.
"This issue should not be looked at from the point of view of any religion or the religion of the victim. He was a brave officer who died while performing his duty," he said while speaking to reporters here.
Habibullah who was here to participate in a conference at Aligarh Muslim University yesterday was replying to a question whether the DSP had been silenced since he was investigating the role of some of the cohorts of Raja Bhaiya during the communal violence in Partapgarh in June last year.
He said that one should have full confidence in the country`s premier investigating agency which was probing this case.
He said that the CBI should allowed to investigate the case without any sort of pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Liam Payne will reunite with One Direction, says his sister
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Punjab braveheart challenges J&K separatists, says will hoist tricolour at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on Aug 15 - Watch