Dy CMO death: Court defers decision on CBI`s closure report
Lucknow: A local court on Monday deferred its decision on the closure report of the CBI into alleged murder of Deputy Chief Medical Officer YS Sachan after a fresh application was filed.
Special judicial magistrate (CBI) Neelkant Mani Tripathi has fixed February 22 as the next date for disposal of the application and decision.
VK Shahi, counsel of doctor Sachan`s wife Malti Sachan, said that earlier decision was to come today.
He, however, said that Sachidanand, who had filed a PIL in the High Court in connection with Sachan`s death, moved an application with a request to allow him to present his side.
The CBI had filed a closure report in Sachan`s murder case stating that it was a "suicide", which had been challenged by Malti claiming that it was a murder.
Sachan`s body was found with multiple injuries in the jail hospital toilet on June 22, 2011. The deceased was also named as the key conspirator in the murder of CMO BP Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video