Dy CMO death: Court defers decision on CBI`s closure report
Lucknow: A local court on Monday deferred its decision on the closure report of the CBI into alleged murder of Deputy Chief Medical Officer YS Sachan after a fresh application was filed.
Special judicial magistrate (CBI) Neelkant Mani Tripathi has fixed February 22 as the next date for disposal of the application and decision.
VK Shahi, counsel of doctor Sachan`s wife Malti Sachan, said that earlier decision was to come today.
He, however, said that Sachidanand, who had filed a PIL in the High Court in connection with Sachan`s death, moved an application with a request to allow him to present his side.
The CBI had filed a closure report in Sachan`s murder case stating that it was a "suicide", which had been challenged by Malti claiming that it was a murder.
Sachan`s body was found with multiple injuries in the jail hospital toilet on June 22, 2011. The deceased was also named as the key conspirator in the murder of CMO BP Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets