Dy CMO death: Court defers decision on CBI`s closure report
Lucknow: A local court on Monday deferred its decision on the closure report of the CBI into alleged murder of Deputy Chief Medical Officer YS Sachan after a fresh application was filed.
Special judicial magistrate (CBI) Neelkant Mani Tripathi has fixed February 22 as the next date for disposal of the application and decision.
VK Shahi, counsel of doctor Sachan`s wife Malti Sachan, said that earlier decision was to come today.
He, however, said that Sachidanand, who had filed a PIL in the High Court in connection with Sachan`s death, moved an application with a request to allow him to present his side.
The CBI had filed a closure report in Sachan`s murder case stating that it was a "suicide", which had been challenged by Malti claiming that it was a murder.
Sachan`s body was found with multiple injuries in the jail hospital toilet on June 22, 2011. The deceased was also named as the key conspirator in the murder of CMO BP Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'