Dy CMO death: Court defers decision on CBI`s closure report
Lucknow: A local court on Monday deferred its decision on the closure report of the CBI into alleged murder of Deputy Chief Medical Officer YS Sachan after a fresh application was filed.
Special judicial magistrate (CBI) Neelkant Mani Tripathi has fixed February 22 as the next date for disposal of the application and decision.
VK Shahi, counsel of doctor Sachan`s wife Malti Sachan, said that earlier decision was to come today.
He, however, said that Sachidanand, who had filed a PIL in the High Court in connection with Sachan`s death, moved an application with a request to allow him to present his side.
The CBI had filed a closure report in Sachan`s murder case stating that it was a "suicide", which had been challenged by Malti claiming that it was a murder.
Sachan`s body was found with multiple injuries in the jail hospital toilet on June 22, 2011. The deceased was also named as the key conspirator in the murder of CMO BP Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'