Dy CMO death: SHRC notice to UP govt officials
Lucknow: The State Human Rights Commission has
taken suo motu cognisance of the mysterious death of Deputy
CMO YS Sachan in the toilet of the Lucknow jail hospital and
issued notices to five senior government officials asking them
to submit a reply by July 12.
Justice Visnu Sahay, member of the Commission has taken
note of the newspaper reports and issued notices to the Chief
Secretary, principal secretary Home, ADG jails, district
magistrate and SSP Lucknow, SHRC sources said today.
"The ligature mark on Sachan`s neck raises doubt and Sahay
has sought to know from the government whether it is a case of
suicide or murder," an SHRC official said.
The incident is all the more serious as it has taken place
in the jail with an undertrial and it is the duty of the
government to respond to it, he said.
The Commission will take up the case for hearing on July
14, sources added.
52-year-old Sachan was found dead under mysterious
circumstances in the toilet of the Lucknow jail hospital. In
the autopsy, injury marks were detected on the neck, elbows,
thigh and left wrist besides a strangulation mark on the neck.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'