Dy CMO murder: NCSCST issues notice to UP govt
Lucknow: The National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes has issued a notice to the UP government seeking a reply as to why a CBI probe has not been ordered into the death of deputy CMO YS Sachan.
"The Commission has sought a reply from the state government as to why a CBI probe has not been ordered into Sachan`s death when his family members have made the demand,"
NCSCST chairman PL Punia told a news agency.
He said the circumstances relating to Sachan`s death indicated towards some "foul play" and it should be probed thoroughly.
"The state government has been asked to submit a reply within 10 days," Punia said.
He alleged that hooliganism was at its peak in the state and even jails and police stations were not safe.
The main accused in CMO B P Singh murder case, Sachan was found dead under mysterious circumstances inside the toilet of Lucknow district jail on Wednesday night.
The post mortem revealed nine injury marks on the body, including neck, elbows, thigh and wrist.
Though the state government termed it to be a prima facie case of suicide, Sachan`s family members have demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city