Early morning showers cool Agra
Agra: Light showers in the early hours of Sunday came as a welcome relief for Agra residents, who had been experiencing sultry weather conditions for the past several days. The weather office here has forecast thunderstorm with rain during the day.
"The drizzle was light but a welcome relief from the sweltering heat of the past one week," said Padmini, a resident of Chimmanlal Road here.
An official of the regional Met Office said that thunderstorm with rain is likely on Sunday.
The change in weather conditions will facilitate tourism in the city as visitors will be able to spend more time at the Taj Mahal and other monuments, said Ved Gautam, a tourist guide.
"Tourists were not coming for our morning Oriental Yatra tour of the city due to the heat. But now we hope visitors would return and enjoy the ride through the lanes of the city in eco-friendly vehicles," said Amit Sisodia of the Agra Beat, a group seeking to promote alternative tourism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!