EC orders probe into complaints against UPCC chief
Lucknow: The Election Commission on Thursday ordered
an inquiry into complaints of violation of the model code of
conduct by Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi.
"Information has been received about Joshi campaigning with
flags and bands. The district electoral officer has been asked
to look into the complaint," Chief Electoral Officer Umesh
Sinha told reporters here.
Joshi is contesting from the Cantt Assembly seat in
Earlier, BJP MLAs Suresh Tiwari and Suresh Srivastava
submitted a complaint with the CEO regarding violation of
model code of conduct in Cantt and West Assembly segments of
They alleged that Congress candidate for Cantt Joshi was
campaigning with bands. Stickers are being pasted on the doors
of houses besides installation of flags and hoardings at
public places in the constituency, they said terming it as an
open violation of the model code of conduct.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane