EC orders probe into complaints against UPCC chief
Lucknow: The Election Commission on Thursday ordered
an inquiry into complaints of violation of the model code of
conduct by Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi.
"Information has been received about Joshi campaigning with
flags and bands. The district electoral officer has been asked
to look into the complaint," Chief Electoral Officer Umesh
Sinha told reporters here.
Joshi is contesting from the Cantt Assembly seat in
Earlier, BJP MLAs Suresh Tiwari and Suresh Srivastava
submitted a complaint with the CEO regarding violation of
model code of conduct in Cantt and West Assembly segments of
They alleged that Congress candidate for Cantt Joshi was
campaigning with bands. Stickers are being pasted on the doors
of houses besides installation of flags and hoardings at
public places in the constituency, they said terming it as an
open violation of the model code of conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users