EC starts drive to enrol Muzaffarnagar riot refugees in voter list
Muzaffarnagar: To facilitate enrolment of people displaced during Muzaffarnagar riots in electoral list, the Election Commission has launched a special drive in 22 villages where the riots victims have been rehabilitated.
Nodal officers have been asked to carry the task in the villages where the victims have been rehabilitated after the riots in the district in September last year, Acting District Magistrate Ravinder Godbole said today.
The villages where the drive is being carried out are Shahpur, Budhan, Jogiyakheri, Mandwara, Jolla, Vigyana, Habibpur, Sikri, Husainpur, Kala, Kalyanpur, Shikarpur, Harsoli, Baghra, Sanjak, Tawli, Riwavli, Nagla, Loee, Khampur, Basikala and Sarai.
More than 60 people were killed and over 50,000 were displaced during the riots in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell's injury badly hurt Kolkata Knight Riders' chances of winning third title
- Revealed! Samsung to launch Galaxy C5, Galaxy C7 today; pics leaked ahead of launch
- Gujarat Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Market extends gains: Sensex zooms over 500 points; Nifty recaptures 8,000-mark
- Sonam Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan in a film? Here's what the diva has to say!