EC working as Congress` puppet: BSP
Kushinagar (UP): Hitting out at Election Commission for its order to cover statues of BSP chief Mayawati and its elephant symbol in Uttar Pradesh ahead of the state polls, the party on Tuesday said EC is working as a "puppet of the Congress".
"Election Commission is working as a puppet of Congress,"
UP BSP chief Swami Prasad Maurya said here.
He said Congress was frustrated over the growing mass
support of the BSP and is out to damage its image and EC is
helping it by ordering to cover the statues of Mayawati and
elephants, he said.
Hitting out at Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi,
Maurya said that he was putting up an act showing concern for
Yesterday, a case was registered against Maurya and his
three supporters for violating model code of conduct.
Meanwhile in Fatehpur district, an FIR has been lodged
against Haji Rafi Ahmed, Congress nominee from Bindki, on
charges of distributing money during workers meet on Sunday.
An FIR has also been filed against the party`s district
unit president Mahesh Dwivedi for violation of model code of
conduct, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach