`Education for Muslim girls important & mandatory`
Lucknow: After fatwas by Darul Uloom Deoband that it was un-Islamic for women to work in close proximity of men in offices and for her family to accept her earnings, an Islamic seminary here has said that education for Muslim girls was not only important, but also mandatory.
"Education is mandatory for every Muslim, whether male or female," Maulana Khalid Rasheed Farangi Mahali of Darul Uloom Farangi Mahal said while quoting Hadees and Sharia.
The fatwa has been issued on a query posted by Huma Khawaja seeking clarification on girl`s education, Uloom`s secretary Naeemurrehman said.
The fatwa stated that the man has come in this world for enlightenment and spreading knowledge in the society.
"Much emphasis is given on education," it said. "A man who gets his daughters and sisters educated, teaches them etiquette, treats them well and marry them would
go to heaven," it added.
The fatwa said that the Islam not only promoted education for one`s own children, but even for maid-servants.
"As mother is close to her children, being educated is very important for her," it said.
It said that from the quotes of Hadees it was evident that how much importance had been given on women education in Islam.
"It is mandatory for every Muslim to ensure proper education of his daughter at any cost," it said.
The Darul Uloom said that illiteracy was a major reason behind the downfall of Muslims.
"Women education is the first step towards progress and social reform. Any laxity would be considered as a big mistake," it added.
Earlier on May 12, Darul Uloom Deoband has held as un-Islamic women working in offices in proximity with men and decreed that acceptance of her earnings by a family was against the Sharia.
The Darul Uloom had also declared the job of writing and calculating interest based work in banks and insurance companies as unlawful in a recent fatwa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video