Education sector corrupt in UP: Union Minister
Fatehpur: Lamenting "commercialisation"
of higher education in Uttar Pradesh, Union minister Beni
Prasad Verma on Saturday claimed that several colleges in the state
were using corrupt means to acquire government recognition.
Speaking at the foundation laying function of a
school in Araiya Mashayak village, he said that education has
become a trade and the sector is facing corruption in the
Stressing that the active participation of all
sections of society was required for promoting education,
the Steel minister said that India needs to be educated so
that the world recognises its power.
Later to a question, Verma termed cash for vote scam
a drama of the BJP and expelled Samajwadi Party leader Amar
Singh as a "character" of this drama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees