Education sector corrupt in UP: Union Minister
Fatehpur: Lamenting "commercialisation"
of higher education in Uttar Pradesh, Union minister Beni
Prasad Verma on Saturday claimed that several colleges in the state
were using corrupt means to acquire government recognition.
Speaking at the foundation laying function of a
school in Araiya Mashayak village, he said that education has
become a trade and the sector is facing corruption in the
Stressing that the active participation of all
sections of society was required for promoting education,
the Steel minister said that India needs to be educated so
that the world recognises its power.
Later to a question, Verma termed cash for vote scam
a drama of the BJP and expelled Samajwadi Party leader Amar
Singh as a "character" of this drama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured