Effigies of Jaiswal burnt in Kanpur over his remarks
Kanpur: Several women groups and BJP activists Tuesday burnt effigies of Union minister Shriprakash Jaiswal over his controversial remark that wives lose charm with the passage of time.
Enraged women blackened Jaisawal`s posters and raised slogans against him.
BJP demanded resignation of the Jaiswal while protesting at Parade square.
Meanwhile, protesters tried to block the road at Bada square area but police prevented them.
Jaiswal, while addressing a function on Sunday night, said, "new new victory and new new wedding, both of them have their own importance."
As time will pass, the victory will become old. As time passes wife also becomes old, that charm does not sustain, Jaiswal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested