Effigies of Jaiswal burnt in Kanpur over his remarks
Kanpur: Several women groups and BJP activists Tuesday burnt effigies of Union minister Shriprakash Jaiswal over his controversial remark that wives lose charm with the passage of time.
Enraged women blackened Jaisawal`s posters and raised slogans against him.
BJP demanded resignation of the Jaiswal while protesting at Parade square.
Meanwhile, protesters tried to block the road at Bada square area but police prevented them.
Jaiswal, while addressing a function on Sunday night, said, "new new victory and new new wedding, both of them have their own importance."
As time will pass, the victory will become old. As time passes wife also becomes old, that charm does not sustain, Jaiswal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor