Effigies of Jaiswal burnt in Kanpur over his remarks
Kanpur: Several women groups and BJP activists Tuesday burnt effigies of Union minister Shriprakash Jaiswal over his controversial remark that wives lose charm with the passage of time.
Enraged women blackened Jaisawal`s posters and raised slogans against him.
BJP demanded resignation of the Jaiswal while protesting at Parade square.
Meanwhile, protesters tried to block the road at Bada square area but police prevented them.
Jaiswal, while addressing a function on Sunday night, said, "new new victory and new new wedding, both of them have their own importance."
As time will pass, the victory will become old. As time passes wife also becomes old, that charm does not sustain, Jaiswal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country