Efforts on to generate more employment in UP: Akhilesh
Jhansi: All efforts are being made to encourage entrepreneurs to set up business units in Uttar Pradesh so that people can get jobs in the state itself, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday said.
The Chief Minster distributed cheques to about six thousand beneficiaries of the ambitious Unemployment allowance and Kanya Vidyadhan schemes at a function at the GIC ground here.
"Providing financial help to unemployed youths does not mean that this government is not interested in creating employment opportunities for them," Akhilesh said.
We have started efforts to bring big industries to the state and will encourage entrepreneurs and businessmen to set up their units so that people can get jobs in the state itself, Akhilesh said.
The Chief Minister talked about the all round development of the state.
We will also make efforts for progress of Bundelkhand and ensure that UP does not lag behind any other state, Akhilesh said.
He distributed Kanya Vidyadhan cheques to 1,530 girls worth Rs 4.49 lakhs besides handing over Rs 55.88 lakhs to 4,526 unemployed youths.
In his brief address, Akhilesh exuded confidence that with this help of Rs 30,000, girls of poor families who are forced to quit schools after class X would get motivated to continue their studies.
Yadav said his government would consider providing further assistance to girls on their completion of class XII, "as educated girls can pave way for the good education of two families."
To a question whether his government, like Congress ruled states, would extend relief to the people on the limit of six LPG cylinders, he said that "he wanted the entire limit system to be done away with."
Holding the UPA government responsible for inflation, he said "it is unfair that they (Centre) increase prices and we have to bear with it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues