Efforts on to generate more employment in UP: Akhilesh
Jhansi: All efforts are being made to encourage entrepreneurs to set up business units in Uttar Pradesh so that people can get jobs in the state itself, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday said.
The Chief Minster distributed cheques to about six thousand beneficiaries of the ambitious Unemployment allowance and Kanya Vidyadhan schemes at a function at the GIC ground here.
"Providing financial help to unemployed youths does not mean that this government is not interested in creating employment opportunities for them," Akhilesh said.
We have started efforts to bring big industries to the state and will encourage entrepreneurs and businessmen to set up their units so that people can get jobs in the state itself, Akhilesh said.
The Chief Minister talked about the all round development of the state.
We will also make efforts for progress of Bundelkhand and ensure that UP does not lag behind any other state, Akhilesh said.
He distributed Kanya Vidyadhan cheques to 1,530 girls worth Rs 4.49 lakhs besides handing over Rs 55.88 lakhs to 4,526 unemployed youths.
In his brief address, Akhilesh exuded confidence that with this help of Rs 30,000, girls of poor families who are forced to quit schools after class X would get motivated to continue their studies.
Yadav said his government would consider providing further assistance to girls on their completion of class XII, "as educated girls can pave way for the good education of two families."
To a question whether his government, like Congress ruled states, would extend relief to the people on the limit of six LPG cylinders, he said that "he wanted the entire limit system to be done away with."
Holding the UPA government responsible for inflation, he said "it is unfair that they (Centre) increase prices and we have to bear with it."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma