Efforts on to generate more employment in UP: Akhilesh
Jhansi: All efforts are being made to encourage entrepreneurs to set up business units in Uttar Pradesh so that people can get jobs in the state itself, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday said.
The Chief Minster distributed cheques to about six thousand beneficiaries of the ambitious Unemployment allowance and Kanya Vidyadhan schemes at a function at the GIC ground here.
"Providing financial help to unemployed youths does not mean that this government is not interested in creating employment opportunities for them," Akhilesh said.
We have started efforts to bring big industries to the state and will encourage entrepreneurs and businessmen to set up their units so that people can get jobs in the state itself, Akhilesh said.
The Chief Minister talked about the all round development of the state.
We will also make efforts for progress of Bundelkhand and ensure that UP does not lag behind any other state, Akhilesh said.
He distributed Kanya Vidyadhan cheques to 1,530 girls worth Rs 4.49 lakhs besides handing over Rs 55.88 lakhs to 4,526 unemployed youths.
In his brief address, Akhilesh exuded confidence that with this help of Rs 30,000, girls of poor families who are forced to quit schools after class X would get motivated to continue their studies.
Yadav said his government would consider providing further assistance to girls on their completion of class XII, "as educated girls can pave way for the good education of two families."
To a question whether his government, like Congress ruled states, would extend relief to the people on the limit of six LPG cylinders, he said that "he wanted the entire limit system to be done away with."
Holding the UPA government responsible for inflation, he said "it is unfair that they (Centre) increase prices and we have to bear with it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales
- Never revealed the name of Burari rape victim: DCW chief
- Why Dalits from Tamil Nadu's Karur are threatening to convert to Islam
- 'Dragon' is coming soon! Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor ready to roll