Efforts on to generate more employment in UP: Akhilesh
Jhansi: All efforts are being made to encourage entrepreneurs to set up business units in Uttar Pradesh so that people can get jobs in the state itself, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday said.
The Chief Minster distributed cheques to about six thousand beneficiaries of the ambitious Unemployment allowance and Kanya Vidyadhan schemes at a function at the GIC ground here.
"Providing financial help to unemployed youths does not mean that this government is not interested in creating employment opportunities for them," Akhilesh said.
We have started efforts to bring big industries to the state and will encourage entrepreneurs and businessmen to set up their units so that people can get jobs in the state itself, Akhilesh said.
The Chief Minister talked about the all round development of the state.
We will also make efforts for progress of Bundelkhand and ensure that UP does not lag behind any other state, Akhilesh said.
He distributed Kanya Vidyadhan cheques to 1,530 girls worth Rs 4.49 lakhs besides handing over Rs 55.88 lakhs to 4,526 unemployed youths.
In his brief address, Akhilesh exuded confidence that with this help of Rs 30,000, girls of poor families who are forced to quit schools after class X would get motivated to continue their studies.
Yadav said his government would consider providing further assistance to girls on their completion of class XII, "as educated girls can pave way for the good education of two families."
To a question whether his government, like Congress ruled states, would extend relief to the people on the limit of six LPG cylinders, he said that "he wanted the entire limit system to be done away with."
Holding the UPA government responsible for inflation, he said "it is unfair that they (Centre) increase prices and we have to bear with it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire