Eggs, ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal in Varanasi
Varanasi: After eggs, ink was thrown at AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal while he was undertaking a roadshow in Varanasi on Tuesday following his visit to the Kal Bhairav and Kashi Vishwanath temples here.
Kejriwal`s face and shirt were splattered with ink by unidentified people. The UP in-charge of the party Sanjay Singh and former Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti were also targeted by these people.
The AAP leader also faced sporadic protests while undertaking the roadshow.
Earlier, according to supporters, eggs were thrown at Kejriwal`s car outside the Kashi Vishwanath Temple here.
The egg-throwing incident occurred when Kejriwal was exiting the temple after offering prayers ahead of his rally in the city, they said. However, police at the spot denied that any such incident had taken place.
Later, as the roadshow moved through the narrow lanes of the temple city, it evoked mixed response from the crowd.
"There is no doubt that BJP`s Narendra Modi will win from Varanasi," said Rishi Mehrotra, an electronic owner shopkeeper.
"Kejriwalji is in the fray. Let`s see what he has to offer after which people can decide," said a B.Ed student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam