Eid prayers offered amidst curfew in Faizabad
Lucknow: Hundreds of Muslims offered Eid prayers in the violence hit Faizabad district on Saturday amidst tight security.
Curfew continued for the fourth consecutive day in Faizabad, 120 km from here. No fresh violence was reported though minor skirmishes had taken place late Friday night.
Police said situation was under control but admitted that late Friday night violence had erupted again in the Bhadarsa village in Poorakalandar area.
After the clashes, the district administration had ordered the security forces to shoot at sight.
On Saturday, Muslim clerics led the namaaz in which the community prayed for peace and calm.
Divisional commissioner of Faizabad, senior police and district administration officials are taking rounds of the city to ensure that peace prevailed and no untoward incident takes place, a senior home department official told a news agency.
Additional security forces, including Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) batallion and six fire tenders have been put on standby.
In other parts of the state, namaaz was offered and the administration was keeping a strict vigil, especially in Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi, Azamgarh, Aligarh, Meerut, Agra, officials informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda