Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated on Tuesday across Uttar Pradesh, with security forces keeping a close vigil in Saharanpur and Rampur which have been hit by communal violence.
Hundreds and thousands of Muslims went to mosques and offered prayers on the culmination of the month-long Ramadan.
There were special prayers for the community`s and the country`s prosperity.
Namaaz was offered at Eidgah and Tile Wali Masjid here in Lucknow. Entire families thronged shopping malls, cinema houses and the zoo.
In Saharanpur, authorities late Monday decided that people could offer Eid prayers in neighbourhood mosques.
Three people were killed in Saharanpur following clashes between Muslims and Sikhs Saturday.
Three people were killed and over a dozen injured Monday when a minor brawl turned ugly in Rampur.
The curfew was relaxed in some areas of Saharanpur from 7 to 11 a.m. But there was no relief on Ambala Road where the clashes erupted.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav greeted people on the occasion of Eid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you