Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated on Tuesday across Uttar Pradesh, with security forces keeping a close vigil in Saharanpur and Rampur which have been hit by communal violence.
Hundreds and thousands of Muslims went to mosques and offered prayers on the culmination of the month-long Ramadan.
There were special prayers for the community`s and the country`s prosperity.
Namaaz was offered at Eidgah and Tile Wali Masjid here in Lucknow. Entire families thronged shopping malls, cinema houses and the zoo.
In Saharanpur, authorities late Monday decided that people could offer Eid prayers in neighbourhood mosques.
Three people were killed in Saharanpur following clashes between Muslims and Sikhs Saturday.
Three people were killed and over a dozen injured Monday when a minor brawl turned ugly in Rampur.
The curfew was relaxed in some areas of Saharanpur from 7 to 11 a.m. But there was no relief on Ambala Road where the clashes erupted.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav greeted people on the occasion of Eid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video