Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated on Tuesday across Uttar Pradesh, with security forces keeping a close vigil in Saharanpur and Rampur which have been hit by communal violence.
Hundreds and thousands of Muslims went to mosques and offered prayers on the culmination of the month-long Ramadan.
There were special prayers for the community`s and the country`s prosperity.
Namaaz was offered at Eidgah and Tile Wali Masjid here in Lucknow. Entire families thronged shopping malls, cinema houses and the zoo.
In Saharanpur, authorities late Monday decided that people could offer Eid prayers in neighbourhood mosques.
Three people were killed in Saharanpur following clashes between Muslims and Sikhs Saturday.
Three people were killed and over a dozen injured Monday when a minor brawl turned ugly in Rampur.
The curfew was relaxed in some areas of Saharanpur from 7 to 11 a.m. But there was no relief on Ambala Road where the clashes erupted.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav greeted people on the occasion of Eid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB