Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated on Tuesday across Uttar Pradesh, with security forces keeping a close vigil in Saharanpur and Rampur which have been hit by communal violence.
Hundreds and thousands of Muslims went to mosques and offered prayers on the culmination of the month-long Ramadan.
There were special prayers for the community`s and the country`s prosperity.
Namaaz was offered at Eidgah and Tile Wali Masjid here in Lucknow. Entire families thronged shopping malls, cinema houses and the zoo.
In Saharanpur, authorities late Monday decided that people could offer Eid prayers in neighbourhood mosques.
Three people were killed in Saharanpur following clashes between Muslims and Sikhs Saturday.
Three people were killed and over a dozen injured Monday when a minor brawl turned ugly in Rampur.
The curfew was relaxed in some areas of Saharanpur from 7 to 11 a.m. But there was no relief on Ambala Road where the clashes erupted.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav greeted people on the occasion of Eid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city