Eight charred to death on Faizabad-Lucknow highway
Faizabad: Eight people, including four
women and a two-year-old child, were charred to death as the
Bolero in which they were travelling caught fire after being
hit by a speeding truck coming from the opposite direction on
Faizabad-Lucknow national highway, a senior police official
said here today.
Seven of the jeep`s occupants, all of whom were killed
on the spot, belonged to the same family while the other
person who died in the mishap was its driver, Faizabad SP RKS
The accident occurred on the intervening night of
Saturday/Sunday when Azizullah, a trader belong to Basti
district, was going to Amausi airport in Lucknow to receive
his son coming from Dubai after four years, Rathore said.
The flight timing was early morning so the family was
rushing for the airport.
Immediately after it was hit by the truck, there was a
short circuit in the Bolero jeep and it burst into flames.
Within no time the fire engulfed the whole jeep, killing all
its occupants, the police official said.
A search has been launched to nab the truck driver who
is absconding, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter