Eight charred to death on Faizabad-Lucknow highway
Faizabad: Eight people, including four
women and a two-year-old child, were charred to death as the
Bolero in which they were travelling caught fire after being
hit by a speeding truck coming from the opposite direction on
Faizabad-Lucknow national highway, a senior police official
said here today.
Seven of the jeep`s occupants, all of whom were killed
on the spot, belonged to the same family while the other
person who died in the mishap was its driver, Faizabad SP RKS
The accident occurred on the intervening night of
Saturday/Sunday when Azizullah, a trader belong to Basti
district, was going to Amausi airport in Lucknow to receive
his son coming from Dubai after four years, Rathore said.
The flight timing was early morning so the family was
rushing for the airport.
Immediately after it was hit by the truck, there was a
short circuit in the Bolero jeep and it burst into flames.
Within no time the fire engulfed the whole jeep, killing all
its occupants, the police official said.
A search has been launched to nab the truck driver who
is absconding, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened