Eight charred to death on Faizabad-Lucknow highway
Faizabad: Eight people, including four
women and a two-year-old child, were charred to death as the
Bolero in which they were travelling caught fire after being
hit by a speeding truck coming from the opposite direction on
Faizabad-Lucknow national highway, a senior police official
said here today.
Seven of the jeep`s occupants, all of whom were killed
on the spot, belonged to the same family while the other
person who died in the mishap was its driver, Faizabad SP RKS
The accident occurred on the intervening night of
Saturday/Sunday when Azizullah, a trader belong to Basti
district, was going to Amausi airport in Lucknow to receive
his son coming from Dubai after four years, Rathore said.
The flight timing was early morning so the family was
rushing for the airport.
Immediately after it was hit by the truck, there was a
short circuit in the Bolero jeep and it burst into flames.
Within no time the fire engulfed the whole jeep, killing all
its occupants, the police official said.
A search has been launched to nab the truck driver who
is absconding, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city