Eight dead, 12 injured as truck collides with tempo
Kanpur: Eight persons were killed and
12 others injured when a truck loaded with iron rods rammed
into a tempo at Jahanabad road near Ghatampur village here,
police said today.
The accident occurred last evening apparently after a
tyre of the truck burst and the driver lost control over the
vehicle which rammed into the tempo carrying passengers, as a
result of which both vehicles turned turtle, SP (rural) Lal
While Tarachand, his five-day-old daughter and a
woman died on the spot, 18 people were injured and were taken
to a nearby hospital where Pratap Yadav (61), Ahmed (45),
Lakshmi (17), Aditya (4) and an unidentified youth succumbed
to their injuries, he said.
He added that the other 12 people have been admitted
to Ursala Hospital in the city where the condition of four
persons is said to be critical.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and a
case has been registered, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked
- Aung San Suu Kyi keen to visit India