Eight dead, 12 injured as truck collides with tempo
Kanpur: Eight persons were killed and
12 others injured when a truck loaded with iron rods rammed
into a tempo at Jahanabad road near Ghatampur village here,
police said today.
The accident occurred last evening apparently after a
tyre of the truck burst and the driver lost control over the
vehicle which rammed into the tempo carrying passengers, as a
result of which both vehicles turned turtle, SP (rural) Lal
While Tarachand, his five-day-old daughter and a
woman died on the spot, 18 people were injured and were taken
to a nearby hospital where Pratap Yadav (61), Ahmed (45),
Lakshmi (17), Aditya (4) and an unidentified youth succumbed
to their injuries, he said.
He added that the other 12 people have been admitted
to Ursala Hospital in the city where the condition of four
persons is said to be critical.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and a
case has been registered, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion