Eight dead, 12 injured as truck collides with tempo
Kanpur: Eight persons were killed and
12 others injured when a truck loaded with iron rods rammed
into a tempo at Jahanabad road near Ghatampur village here,
police said today.
The accident occurred last evening apparently after a
tyre of the truck burst and the driver lost control over the
vehicle which rammed into the tempo carrying passengers, as a
result of which both vehicles turned turtle, SP (rural) Lal
While Tarachand, his five-day-old daughter and a
woman died on the spot, 18 people were injured and were taken
to a nearby hospital where Pratap Yadav (61), Ahmed (45),
Lakshmi (17), Aditya (4) and an unidentified youth succumbed
to their injuries, he said.
He added that the other 12 people have been admitted
to Ursala Hospital in the city where the condition of four
persons is said to be critical.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and a
case has been registered, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray