Eight die in cracker factory blast in UP
Lucknow: At least eight people were killed and over a dozen injured in a massive explosion in a cracker factory in Uttar Pradesh, reports said on Tuesday.
The tragedy happened late last night in Yakubpur village in Auraiyya district. The explosion was so deadly that it destroyed a series of houses.
Police said the rescue operation went on till early Tuesday and said eight of the injured were in critical condition.
"The seriously injured have been rushed to Kanpur," an official told reporters.
Superintendent of Police (Auraiyya) Sanjay Kakkar said that three constables and a police officer had been suspended for dereliction of duty.
Maiku Lal, owner of the cracker manufacturing unit, held a license but he had started producing the crackers from his house, some 250 yards from his unit, Kakkar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India