Eight electrocuted as high tension wire falls on b
Fatehpur (UP): At least eight persons were on Tuesday electrocuted and 25 others injured when a high tension electricity wire fell on a private bus in Jahanabad area of the district.
The wire snapped and fell on the bus while it was leaving Jahanabad bus station this afternoon, police said.
Hearing cries of the passengers local villagers reached the spot and rescued at least 12 of them by smashing windows and breaking doors of the bus, sources said.
Police have confirmed the death of eight persons.
At least 25 people were injured in the incident and were admitted to different hospitals in Fatehpur, Bindki and Kanpur.
Around 50 passengers were travelling in the bus, sources said.
Senior officials, including District Magistrate Kanchan Verma and Superintendent of Police Rajendra Singh reached the spot where rescue work was being carried out, sources said.
Alleging laxity on part of administration local villagers blocked the road.
Meanwhile, BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai while expressing grief over the incident demanded an ex-gratia to kin to passengers killed in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley