Eight killed, 10 injured in road accident
Mirzapur: Eight persons, including two children, were killed and 10 injured when the tempo they were travelling in collided with a truck on Shaktinagar-Varanasi National Highway here Saturday , police said.
The incident took place when the tempo carrying passengers to a wedding function in Varanasi from Henauti village collided with the truck on the highway near Ghatampur village, they said.
Kishori Lal (55), Asha Devi (36), Neha (10), Soni(10), Uttam (16) and Rajesh (13) died on the spot and two others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital. They are yet to be identified, police said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital, they said, adding that the bodies had been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing