Eight killed in mishap in Uttar Pradesh
Bahraich: Eight persons, including three children, were killed and six others injured after being run over by a speeding jeep in Nanpara area here, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap took place on Monday evening when the victims were walking alongside a road in Bechaipurwa village, Deputy SP Aslam Khan said.
The jeep driver, who was also injured in the accident, has been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list