Eight sentenced to life imprisonment for double murders, robbery
Badaun (UP): A local court sentenced eight persons to life imprisonment today for killing two men during a robbery seven years ago in Ujhani area here.
In August 2006, Vidham Singh, his brother Chob Singh and Kallu were attacked while they were on way to a bank in Allapur village, prosecution said.
While Chob Singh died on the spot, Kallu succumbed to injuries at a hospital, they said.
The robbers also looted two licenced weapons, a gold chain and Rs 30,000 cash, sources said.
Special Judge Sanjay Kumar held Rajedra, Pappu, Chotte, Nanhe, Aram Singh, Muneesh, Rajpal and Suresh guilty and sentenced them.
They were also slapped with a fine of Rs 48,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead