Eight sentenced to life imprisonment for double murders, robbery
Badaun (UP): A local court sentenced eight persons to life imprisonment today for killing two men during a robbery seven years ago in Ujhani area here.
In August 2006, Vidham Singh, his brother Chob Singh and Kallu were attacked while they were on way to a bank in Allapur village, prosecution said.
While Chob Singh died on the spot, Kallu succumbed to injuries at a hospital, they said.
The robbers also looted two licenced weapons, a gold chain and Rs 30,000 cash, sources said.
Special Judge Sanjay Kumar held Rajedra, Pappu, Chotte, Nanhe, Aram Singh, Muneesh, Rajpal and Suresh guilty and sentenced them.
They were also slapped with a fine of Rs 48,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab