Eight sentenced to life imprisonment for double murders, robbery
Badaun (UP): A local court sentenced eight persons to life imprisonment today for killing two men during a robbery seven years ago in Ujhani area here.
In August 2006, Vidham Singh, his brother Chob Singh and Kallu were attacked while they were on way to a bank in Allapur village, prosecution said.
While Chob Singh died on the spot, Kallu succumbed to injuries at a hospital, they said.
The robbers also looted two licenced weapons, a gold chain and Rs 30,000 cash, sources said.
Special Judge Sanjay Kumar held Rajedra, Pappu, Chotte, Nanhe, Aram Singh, Muneesh, Rajpal and Suresh guilty and sentenced them.
They were also slapped with a fine of Rs 48,000 each.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India