Eight sentenced to life imprisonment for double murders, robbery
Badaun (UP): A local court sentenced eight persons to life imprisonment today for killing two men during a robbery seven years ago in Ujhani area here.
In August 2006, Vidham Singh, his brother Chob Singh and Kallu were attacked while they were on way to a bank in Allapur village, prosecution said.
While Chob Singh died on the spot, Kallu succumbed to injuries at a hospital, they said.
The robbers also looted two licenced weapons, a gold chain and Rs 30,000 cash, sources said.
Special Judge Sanjay Kumar held Rajedra, Pappu, Chotte, Nanhe, Aram Singh, Muneesh, Rajpal and Suresh guilty and sentenced them.
They were also slapped with a fine of Rs 48,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them