Elderly woman robbed, pushed out of moving train
Ghaziabad: An elderly woman had a close shave when she was pushed out of a train by two armed men after being robbed of her valuables, police said on Sunday.
The woman, who had boarded the train in Lucknow, was found unconscious on the tracks with several injuries on her head, legs and hands.
The incident took place late last night when the 60-year-old was about to de-board the Shatabdi Express at Ghaziabad station.
Two-armed robbers tried to snatch her purse containing jewellery, cash and mobile phone, and pushed her out of the train when she resisted, police said, adding that they managed to flee with the valuables.
She was taken to the district hospital, and was later shifted to a private hospital, they added.
Police have registered a case of robbery at the GRP station in Ghaziabad in this connection, and are scanning the CCTV footages to identify the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'