Eleven sentenced to life in abduction case
Badaun: Eleven people were on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a
17-year-old abduction case.
On October 31, 1994, Veerpal (22) was abducted for ransom
by 11 persons from Munish Nagar village when he was returning
from fields with workers, prosecution sources said here.
The abductors demanded Rs four lakh as ransom and
Chiraunji was released after the amount was paid, they said.
Police later arrested five accused during combing in the
jungles and on their tip off six more were nabbed.
After hearing both parties, Special Judge (anti-dacoity)
held Aharan, Banke Lal, Ram Karan, Prempal, Veeru Pal,
Prakash, Rajeshwar, Chiraunji, Ravindra, Dafedar and Satyendra
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Sushma Swaraj to lead Indian delegation at Mother Teresa's canonisation
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf
- Real Madrid eye Moussa Sissoko as plan B if Paul Pogba pursuit fails: Reports
- Weight loss surgeries can increase risk of fractures: Study
- Lodha effect: Services, Railways to lose voting rights in AIFF