Eleven sentenced to life in abduction case
Badaun: Eleven people were on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a
17-year-old abduction case.
On October 31, 1994, Veerpal (22) was abducted for ransom
by 11 persons from Munish Nagar village when he was returning
from fields with workers, prosecution sources said here.
The abductors demanded Rs four lakh as ransom and
Chiraunji was released after the amount was paid, they said.
Police later arrested five accused during combing in the
jungles and on their tip off six more were nabbed.
After hearing both parties, Special Judge (anti-dacoity)
held Aharan, Banke Lal, Ram Karan, Prempal, Veeru Pal,
Prakash, Rajeshwar, Chiraunji, Ravindra, Dafedar and Satyendra
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees