Eleven sentenced to life in abduction case
Badaun: Eleven people were on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a
17-year-old abduction case.
On October 31, 1994, Veerpal (22) was abducted for ransom
by 11 persons from Munish Nagar village when he was returning
from fields with workers, prosecution sources said here.
The abductors demanded Rs four lakh as ransom and
Chiraunji was released after the amount was paid, they said.
Police later arrested five accused during combing in the
jungles and on their tip off six more were nabbed.
After hearing both parties, Special Judge (anti-dacoity)
held Aharan, Banke Lal, Ram Karan, Prempal, Veeru Pal,
Prakash, Rajeshwar, Chiraunji, Ravindra, Dafedar and Satyendra
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf