Eleven sentenced to life in abduction case
Badaun: Eleven people were on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a
17-year-old abduction case.
On October 31, 1994, Veerpal (22) was abducted for ransom
by 11 persons from Munish Nagar village when he was returning
from fields with workers, prosecution sources said here.
The abductors demanded Rs four lakh as ransom and
Chiraunji was released after the amount was paid, they said.
Police later arrested five accused during combing in the
jungles and on their tip off six more were nabbed.
After hearing both parties, Special Judge (anti-dacoity)
held Aharan, Banke Lal, Ram Karan, Prempal, Veeru Pal,
Prakash, Rajeshwar, Chiraunji, Ravindra, Dafedar and Satyendra
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?