Eleven sentenced to life in abduction case
Badaun: Eleven people were on Tuesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a
17-year-old abduction case.
On October 31, 1994, Veerpal (22) was abducted for ransom
by 11 persons from Munish Nagar village when he was returning
from fields with workers, prosecution sources said here.
The abductors demanded Rs four lakh as ransom and
Chiraunji was released after the amount was paid, they said.
Police later arrested five accused during combing in the
jungles and on their tip off six more were nabbed.
After hearing both parties, Special Judge (anti-dacoity)
held Aharan, Banke Lal, Ram Karan, Prempal, Veeru Pal,
Prakash, Rajeshwar, Chiraunji, Ravindra, Dafedar and Satyendra
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll