Embankments soon on Nepal rivers causing UP floods: Min
Lucknow: Embankments will soon be constructed
on some rivers originating from Nepal for a permanent solution
to recurring floods in eastern Uttar Pradesh, the state
Assembly was informed on Wednesday.
Answering supplementaries, Irrigation and Flood Control
Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui said officials of the Central
Water Commission, the state government and Nepal have agreed
to carry out the work soon.
He said a permanent solution to the problem was possible
only by building embankments on the Rapti, Ghaghra, Sharda and
other rivers which cause wide spread devastation every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray