Employees in UP boycott work against job quota bill
Lucknow: Scores of employees of various departments and corporations across Uttar Pradesh on Monday boycotted work for half day and staged demonstrations against the proposed bill providing for reservation to SCs/STs in promotion in government jobs.
"On the call given by Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti nearly 18 lakh employees of various government departments and corporations abstained from work for the half day and staged demonstrations at district headquarters across the state," president of the Samiti Shailendra Dubey said.
He said that effort to revert order of the Supreme Court would be strongly protested and if the Constitution Amendment Bill was passed in the Rajya Sabha then the officials and employees of general and OBC category were ready to go on lightning strike in the state.
He claimed that due to the bill there was resentment among the officers and employees of general and OBC category in the state.
The committee office-bearers, while expressing gratitude towards SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and Rajya Sabha member Ram Gopal Yadav, for opposing the bill in clear language, asked Congress and BJP to clear their stand on the issue.
They said that the committee has decided that those political parties which would not oppose the bill for reservation in promotion would face protest in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Dubey said that protest meetings will continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'