Employees in UP boycott work against job quota bill
Lucknow: Scores of employees of various departments and corporations across Uttar Pradesh on Monday boycotted work for half day and staged demonstrations against the proposed bill providing for reservation to SCs/STs in promotion in government jobs.
"On the call given by Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti nearly 18 lakh employees of various government departments and corporations abstained from work for the half day and staged demonstrations at district headquarters across the state," president of the Samiti Shailendra Dubey said.
He said that effort to revert order of the Supreme Court would be strongly protested and if the Constitution Amendment Bill was passed in the Rajya Sabha then the officials and employees of general and OBC category were ready to go on lightning strike in the state.
He claimed that due to the bill there was resentment among the officers and employees of general and OBC category in the state.
The committee office-bearers, while expressing gratitude towards SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and Rajya Sabha member Ram Gopal Yadav, for opposing the bill in clear language, asked Congress and BJP to clear their stand on the issue.
They said that the committee has decided that those political parties which would not oppose the bill for reservation in promotion would face protest in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Dubey said that protest meetings will continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH