Employees strike affects work on Delhi-Dehradun highway
Muzaffarnagar: More than 300 employees of a private construction company on Friday protested over non-payment of salaries, disrupting work for four laning of Delhi-Dehradun highway.
The employees of Infra Engineering Limited, including engineers, went on a strike demanding to clear their last two months` salary dues, company sources said.
The extension work on the four lane NH-58 from Muzaffarabad to Haridwar was ongoing, besides construction of 12 other bridges, to facilitate travel from the national capital to Dehradun in Uttarakhand.
Pradeep Gosen, Technical manager of the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), was apprised about the situation by authorities here to ensure the work on the highway resumes, they said.
The company was directed to complete the construction work on the highway till 2013, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price