Employees strike affects work on Delhi-Dehradun highway
Muzaffarnagar: More than 300 employees of a private construction company on Friday protested over non-payment of salaries, disrupting work for four laning of Delhi-Dehradun highway.
The employees of Infra Engineering Limited, including engineers, went on a strike demanding to clear their last two months` salary dues, company sources said.
The extension work on the four lane NH-58 from Muzaffarabad to Haridwar was ongoing, besides construction of 12 other bridges, to facilitate travel from the national capital to Dehradun in Uttarakhand.
Pradeep Gosen, Technical manager of the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), was apprised about the situation by authorities here to ensure the work on the highway resumes, they said.
The company was directed to complete the construction work on the highway till 2013, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened