Encephalitis claims 10 more lives; Toll climbs to 319
Gorakhpur: Ten more children have succumbed to encephalitis at BRD Medical College here in last 24 hours, taking the death toll due to the disease to 319 in eastern district of Uttar Pradesh this year.
The deceased include three children from Gorakhpur, two from Maharajganj and one child each from Deoria, Kushinagar, Sant Kabirnagar and Siddharthanagar districts of eastern UP, while one child from adjoining Bihar also succumbed to the disease, health officials said.
Thirty three more encephalitis patients have been admitted to the hospital in the last 24 hours, they added.
This year as many as 1560 encephalitis patients, mostly children, were admitted to BRD Medical College Hospital, of which 319 died, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users