Encephalitis claims 10 more lives; Toll climbs to 319
Gorakhpur: Ten more children have succumbed to encephalitis at BRD Medical College here in last 24 hours, taking the death toll due to the disease to 319 in eastern district of Uttar Pradesh this year.
The deceased include three children from Gorakhpur, two from Maharajganj and one child each from Deoria, Kushinagar, Sant Kabirnagar and Siddharthanagar districts of eastern UP, while one child from adjoining Bihar also succumbed to the disease, health officials said.
Thirty three more encephalitis patients have been admitted to the hospital in the last 24 hours, they added.
This year as many as 1560 encephalitis patients, mostly children, were admitted to BRD Medical College Hospital, of which 319 died, they said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her