Encephalitis claims 10 more lives; Toll climbs to 319
Gorakhpur: Ten more children have succumbed to encephalitis at BRD Medical College here in last 24 hours, taking the death toll due to the disease to 319 in eastern district of Uttar Pradesh this year.
The deceased include three children from Gorakhpur, two from Maharajganj and one child each from Deoria, Kushinagar, Sant Kabirnagar and Siddharthanagar districts of eastern UP, while one child from adjoining Bihar also succumbed to the disease, health officials said.
Thirty three more encephalitis patients have been admitted to the hospital in the last 24 hours, they added.
This year as many as 1560 encephalitis patients, mostly children, were admitted to BRD Medical College Hospital, of which 319 died, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital