Encephalitis claims 10 more lives; Toll climbs to 319
Gorakhpur: Ten more children have succumbed to encephalitis at BRD Medical College here in last 24 hours, taking the death toll due to the disease to 319 in eastern district of Uttar Pradesh this year.
The deceased include three children from Gorakhpur, two from Maharajganj and one child each from Deoria, Kushinagar, Sant Kabirnagar and Siddharthanagar districts of eastern UP, while one child from adjoining Bihar also succumbed to the disease, health officials said.
Thirty three more encephalitis patients have been admitted to the hospital in the last 24 hours, they added.
This year as many as 1560 encephalitis patients, mostly children, were admitted to BRD Medical College Hospital, of which 319 died, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi